The Kids

The Kids
May 2014

Friday, April 13, 2012

Time without Opportunity

       When I decided to be a stay-at-home mom, I was really looking forward to getting more involved with my kids and my husbands ministry.  I have always wanted to be able to volunteer at my kids school or help out with things at church but as a teacher I was working 50+ hour weeks and then bringing work home so I never had time.  Now that I have the time to help, I have discovered that the opportunity is not there.  It seems the very thing that keeps me home (my youngest child) also prevents me from being able to help with anything.
       It would be nice if the organizations that need volunteers could help connect people like me.  If there were 5 mothers willing to help one could keep the kids and the other 4 could volunteer.  They could rotate childcare duty each week, so everyone has a chance to be involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment