The Kids

The Kids
May 2014

Monday, February 23, 2015

Waiting for God

     God answers every prayer with either "yes," "no," or "wait."  The answer I have the hardest time with is the "wait" because I am just not good at it.  I have always been  a person of action, the one you can count on to get it done.  The idea that I have to wait for some unknowable length of time can be extremely frustrating.
    Over the last few weeks my bible studies have been focused on dreaming big.  This is another thing that I am not good at because big dreams are hard to accomplish.  (I am pretty sure that has been the point of these studies.)  I like to have dreams that I can set an action plan to and have measurable steps so I know exactly how much progress I am making towards them.
    Recently I have found myself experimenting with big dreams, God-sized dreams.  I have dreamed and imagined things that will take years if not decades to accomplish.  The struggle now is to remain content where God has me, until these dreams can take shape.  Honestly I want nothing more than to go back to work, maybe just part-time, so that we can more quickly accrue the money we need to move towards these things.  But God has patiently reminded me over and over again through the last 2 days that I must wait on Him.  Seriously I am homeschool our oldest 2 kids and have a 4 year old, I can barely find time to eat lunch.  Adding a job, even a part-time one, would not be good for my family. So I will just wait and pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment