The Kids

The Kids
May 2014

Friday, February 20, 2015

Welcome to the Backyard

     We have had an unusually warm winter, which has allowed us to start introducing the girls to the garden.  The idea was to have them eat the weeds, bugs and slugs.  However, they were quick to discover that the strawberry plants were tastier than the weeds.
    It will still be several weeks before they can move permanently to the coop outside.  At this point we are all counting the days until we can reclaim the garage.  I want to be able to get the car into it again and the rest of the family just wants to be able to go out to get something from the freezer without stepping in chicken poop.  Although I am not entirely sure we will ever be able to get all the poop off the garage floor.
    I believe from now on all chicks will be born in the spring so they can move out at 8 weeks instead of 16-18.

No comments:

Post a Comment