The Kids

The Kids
May 2014

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Wildtree

 
  A few months ago, I was invited to a Wildtree Freezer Meal Workshop (FMW).  I had never heard of them before but I was all for anything that would make dinner easier.  I never really learned to cook much growing up, and when I was working full time I just threw together whatever was easy or picked something up on my way home.  Now that I am a stay-at-home mom, I feel like I need to actually cook but the learning curve has been pretty big, probably because I just don't enjoy it.
    My biggest reservation about the FMW was that my kids can be very picky eaters and I didn't want a freezer full of food that they wouldn't eat.  I decided to give it a try and hope for the best.  Well it turned out better than I could have ever expected.  Everyone ate all ten meals and requested that I remake at least 5 of them.  That gave me 5 new recipes that I could put together in zip lock bags for easy dinners!  The problem was that they required specific Wildtree ingredients.
    Wildtree is not a freezer meal company.  They were founded on creating good healthy products that could replace the overly processed stuff most of us use to make cooking easier.  Therefore if I was going to keep making the freezer meals, I had to buy their products.  I could either continue going to the workshops my friend Karen was hosting or become a representative for the company and get the product at a discount to host my own workshops.  I decided to try another set of 10 meals from a different workshop set before committing to anything.  Those meals, which were all crock pot meals, were just as good as the first set I made.
     The next week I registered as a representative for Wildtree.  They ask all the new representatives to host two tasting parties as a way to introduce their friends and family to Wildtree.  What brought me into the company and what I really want to do are the freezer meal workshops.  Those are practical and fun.  However that is not how they want you to start off, so my first tasting party is this Friday.  I am completely out of my element with this as I am just not a party type of person, but I really believe these products are going to be great for my family.  Anything that makes it easier for me to put a healthy meal on the table, especially on the nights we are rushing from gymnastics to scouts,  is great for my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment