The Kids

The Kids
May 2014

Thursday, January 1, 2015

A New Year

Eucharisteo - This will be my anthem for 2015.  

Ann Voskamp explains it this way:
"The root word of eucharisteo is charis, meaning “grace.”... But it also holds its derivative, the Greek word chara, meaning “joy.” Charis. Grace. Eucharisteo. Thanksgiving. Chara. Joy.
Deep chara joy is found only at the table of the euCHARisteo; the table of thanksgiving. The holy grail of joy, God set it in the very center of Christianity. 
This is the crux of Christianity: to remember and give thanks, eucharisteo."
As I read the book One Thousand Gifts last year. (It has actually taken me over a year to get through it.)  The first thing that hit me in the book was that contentment isn't something that you can find.  It is something you must learn.  Philippians 4:11 “I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances.  Being content with your life is not about where you are or what you have.  Learning contentment takes time, maybe a lifetimes worth of time.   The only way to learn contentment is through eucharisteo.  Intentionally looking for things to be thankful for in every situation every day.  Acknowledging these small blessings fills the heart with joy.  A heart full of joy will always be content.
My goal for this year is to truly embrace this concept and walk it out everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment